Last modified: March 29, 2023.
(a) These terms and conditions for services (these “Terms”) are the onlyterms that govern the provision of services by dyte, Inc. (“Service Provider”) to you(“Customer”, collectively, along with the Service Provider, referred to as the “Parties”).
(b) The accompanying
(i) order confirmation,
(ii) purchase orders,
(iii) statement of work orders,
(iv) Master Services Agreement and
(v) Software as a ServiceAgreement, each executed between the Parties (collectively referred to as the “OrderConfirmation”) and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Order Confirmation, these Terms shall govern the agreement between the Parties, unless the Order Confirmation expressly states that the terms and conditions of the OrderConfirmation shall govern the agreement between the Parties.
(c) These Terms prevail over any of Customer’s general terms and conditions regardless whether or when Customer has submitted its request for proposal, order, or such terms. Provision of services to Customer does not constitute acceptance of any of Customer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
2 . Services. Service Provider shall provide the services to Customer as described in the Order Confirmation (the “Services”) in accordance with these Terms.
3. Performance Dates. Service Provider shall use reasonable efforts to meet any performance dates specified in the Order Confirmation, and any such dates shall be estimates only.
4.Customer’s Obligations. Customer shall:
(a) cooperate with Service Provider in all matters relating to the Services and provide such access to Customer’s premises, and such office accommodation and other facilities as may reasonably be requested by Service Provider, for the purposes of performing the Services;
(b) respond promptly to any Service Provider request to provide direction, information, approvals, authorizations, or decisions that are reasonably necessary forService Provider to perform Services in accordance with the requirements of this Agreement;
(c) provide such Customer materials or information as Service Provider may reasonably request and Customer considers reasonably necessary to carry out the Services in a timely manner and ensure that such Customer materials or information are complete and accurate in all material respects; and
(d) obtain and maintain all necessary licenses and consents and comply with all applicable laws in relation to the Services before the date on which the Services are to start.
5. Customer’s Acts or Omissions. If Service Provider’s performance of its obligations under this Agreement is prevented or delayed by any act or omission of Customer or its agents, subcontractors, consultants, or employees, Service Provider shall not be deemed in breach of its obligations under this Agreement or otherwise liable for any costs, charges, or losses sustained or incurred by Customer, in each case, to the extent arising directly or indirectly from such prevention or delay.
6. Change Orders.
(a) If either party wishes to change the scope or performance of the Services, it shall submit details of the requested change to the other party in writing. ServiceProvider shall, within a reasonable time after such request, provide a written estimate toCustomer of:
(i) the likely time required to implement the change;
(ii) any necessary variations to the fees and other charges for theServices arising from the change
(iii) the likely effect of the change on the Services; and
(iv) any other impact the change might have on the performance of thisAgreement.
(b) Promptly after receipt of the written estimate, the parties shall negotiate and agree in writing on the terms of such change (a “Change Order”). Neither party shall be bound by any Change Order unless mutually agreed upon in writing in accordance with 26.
(c) Notwithstanding Section 6(a) and Section 6(b), Service Provider may, from time to time change the Services without the consent of Customer provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature or scope of the Services, or the fees or any performance dates set forth in the Order Confirmation.
(d) Service Provider may charge for the time it spends assessing and documenting a change request from Customer on a time and materials basis in accordance with the Order Confirmation.
7. Fees and Expenses; Payment Terms; Interest on Late Payments.
(a) In consideration of the provision of the Services by Service Provider and the rights granted to Customer under this Agreement, Customer shall pay the fees set forth in the Order Confirmation.
(b) Customer agrees to reimburse Service Provider for all reasonable travel and out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Service Provider in connection with the performance of the Services.
(d) In the event payments are not received by Service Provider within 30 days after becoming due, Service Provider may:(i) charge interest on any such unpaid amounts at a rate of 2% per month or, if lower, the maximum amount permitted under applicable law, from the date such payment was due until the date paid; and(ii) suspend performance for all Services until payment has been made in full.
8. Taxes. Customer shall be responsible for all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local the governmental entity on any amounts payable by Customer hereunder.
9. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, patent disclosures, and inventions (whether patentable or not), trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, know-how, and other confidential information, trade dress, trade names, logos, corporate names, and domain names, together with all of the goodwill associated therewith, derivative works and all other rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) in and to all documents, work product, and other materials that are delivered to the Customer under thisAgreement or prepared by or on behalf of the Service Provider in the course of performing theServices, including any items identified as such in the Order Confirmation (collectively, the"Deliverables") except for any Confidential Information of Customer or Customer Materials shall be owned by Service Provider. Service Provider hereby grants Customer a license to use allIntellectual Property Rights free of additional charge and on a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, and perpetual basis to the extent necessary to enable Customer to make reasonable use of the Deliverables and the Services.
10. Confidential Information.
(a) All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of ServiceProvider, including, but not limited to, trade secrets, technology, information pertaining to business operations and strategies, and information pertaining to customers, pricing, and marketing (collectively, “Confidential Information”), disclosed by Service Provider toCustomer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as“confidential” in connection with the provision of the Services and this Agreement is confidential, and shall not be disclosed or copied by Customer without the prior written consent of Service Provider. Confidential Information does not include information that is:
(i) in the public domain;
(ii) known to Customer at the time of disclosure; or
(iii) rightfully obtained by Customer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
(b) Customer agrees to use the Confidential Information only to make use of the Services and Deliverables.
(c) Service Provider shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section.
11. Representation and Warranty.
(a) Service Provider represents and warrants to Customer that it shall perform the Services using personnel of required skill, experience, and qualifications and in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with generally recognized industry standards for similar services and shall devote adequate resources to meet its obligations under this Agreement.
(b) The Service Provider shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 11(a) unless Customer gives written notice of the defective Services, reasonably described, to Service Provider within 7 days of the time when Customer discovers or ought to have discovered that the Services were defective.
(c) Subject to Section 11(b), Service Provider shall, in its sole discretion, either:
(i) repair or re-perform such Services (or the defective part); or
(ii) credit or refund the price of such Services at the pro rata contractrate .
(d) THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN SECTION 11(c) SHALL BE THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SERVICE PROVIDER’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 11(a).
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 11
(A) ABOVE, SERVICE PROVIDER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY (A)WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR
(B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR
(C) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR
(D) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING,COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
13. Limitation of Liability.
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE,REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT,WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT,TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AGGREGATE AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE TO SERVICE PROVIDER PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE ORDER CONFIRMATION/IN THE THREE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
(c) The limitation of liability set forth in Section 13(b) above shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from Service Provider's gross negligence or willful misconduct and (ii) death or bodily injury resulting from Service Provider's negligent acts or omissions.
14. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under thisAgreement, Service Provider may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Customer, if Customer:
(a) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement and such failure continues for 15 days after Customer’s receipt of written notice of nonpayment;
(b) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of the terms of thisAgreement, in whole or in part; or
(c) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, re organization, or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
15. Waiver. No waiver by Service Provider of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Service Provider. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement operates or may be construed as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
16. Force Majeure. No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor bedeemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement (except for any obligations of Customer to make payments to Service Provider hereunder), when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond the impacted party’s (“Impacted Party”) reasonable control, including, without limitation, the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Event(s)”):
(a) acts of God;
(b) flood, fire, earthquake, pandemics, epidemics or explosion;
(c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest;
(d)government order, law, or action;
(e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of thisAgreement;
(f) national or regional emergency;
(g) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances;
(h) shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities for any reason including but not limited to any Force Majeure Events; and
(i) other similar events beyond the reasonable control of the Impacted Party. The Impacted Party shall give notice within10 days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party’s failure or delay remains uncured for a period of 10 consecutive days following written notice given by it under this Section 17, either party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon 30 days’ written notice.
17. Assignment. Customer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Service Provider. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Customer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
18. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment, or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
19. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
20. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Delaware.
21. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Delaware in each case located in the City of Wilmington and County of New Castle, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
22. Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth in the Order Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or email or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only
(a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and
(b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
23. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforce ability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
24. Survival. Provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should apply beyond their terms, will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Confidentiality, Governing Law, Submission toJurisdiction, and Survival.
25. Amendment and Modification. The Service Provider has the right to amend ormodify (the “Subsequent Amendment”) in writing the Terms without the consent of theCustomer. Once the Subsequent Amendment is notified to the Customer by the Service Provider, the Subsequent Amendment shall be binding on the Customer.